Windows in Texas homes produce large air conditioning loads.
• Windows contribute more than twice as much to the cooling bill as the next biggest part of the home's air conditioning load.
• Typically, half of the air conditioning load can be attributed to windows and eliminated with energy efficient windows.
• Energy saving replacement storm windows offer the biggest opportunity to save on energy costs in homes, and they pay for themselves.
What Makes An Energy Saving Window Efficient?
• Thermal Frames Minimize Conduction Of Temperature Between The Inside & Outside Of The Home.
• Low Emittance (Low E) Glass Reflects Up To 80% Of The Sun’s Radiant Heat, It Also Keeps Heat In Your Home In The Winter. Another Benefit Is That Low E Glass Blocks About 70% Of Harmful UV (Ultraviolet) Rays.
• Argon Gas Is An Inert Gas That Is Placed Between The Two Panes Of Glass. Argon Gas Is About Six Times More Dense Than Air And Therefore It Takes Heat Longer To Pass Through It. Argon Gas Is Also A Good Sound Deadener Due To Its Density. Argon gas Is In The Air We Breath So It Is Non-Toxic.
• Dual Air Seals Around Operating Sashes Minimize Air Infiltration in our storm windows
How Do These Energy Savings Features Translate Into Benefits For Me?
• Energy Saving Insulated Thermopane Windows Pay For Themselves Through Utility Cost Savings, So There Is A Return On Investment
• Homes Are More Comfortable Due To The Elimination Of Cold Windows In The Winter & Hot Windows In The Summer
• There Is Also Less Heating & Air Conditioning Run Time, So Less Energy Is Consumed & Wear And Tear On Your System Is Reduced
• Infiltration Of Air, Dust, Allergens Is Reduced Because Of Dual Air Seals Around Operating Sashes
• Outside Noise Is Reduced Because Of Frame Construction, Seals, and Argon Gas
• Little Or No Condensation Forms On Energy Windows
• The Appearance, Minimized Window Maintenance, & Resale Value/Appeal Of Your Home Is A Significant Benefit
• Reduced Fading Of Fabrics, Carpets, & Hardwoods Due To The UV Blocking Abilities Of Low E Glass.
• Easy Cleaning Insulated Thermopane Tilt Sash Windows Are A Standard Feature On Smart Temp Windows
• Double Locks Are Provided On Each Tilt Sash Window For Added Security
Copyright 2012. All Rights Reserved. | Smart Temp Windows - 214-957-7324
All of our windows exceed NFRC Energy Star requirements and come energy labeled.